05 August 2008

whoever said it was easy....

yesterday i put the last of the diaper changing items away. the changing pads and the diapers are gone. for fifteen years (minus two months) the top of the dryer has been our changing table. the washer on its left has been where i pushed laundry baskets, put diapers and laid out baby clothes.
and now it's JUST a washer and dryer!
i think i'm sad.
i'm not sure though.
there are STILL pull ups in the pull out drawer above the washer & dryer. (not in the photo)
i have so much more space.
but it looks bare!!
ahem, the baby keys are staying...i'm not quite that ready i guess ;-)



6 comments:

  1. oh wow....it's been a changing area as long as i've known you!!! and i think the keys should stay, it wouldn't look right without them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy day when I changed my last diaper! I had a break in the middle - but I had gone through several years with at least two - sometimes three - in diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what will you do with all the extra space, and time??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I would be sad.

    I wonder all the time how many more babies are in my future? Should we be done?? Isn't eight really enough?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, bittersweet! But a good milestone nonethe less!

    ReplyDelete
  6. san, the keys will stay, they make me nostalgic :)
    jolene, i've only every had two in diapers at a time.
    akelamalu, lol, time and space, lol!!
    tricia, i bet there will be lots of babies in your future, and your 8 are lovely :) thanks for stopping by my blog!!
    robin, yes, bittersweet indeed :)

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! but please leave a name so i know who you are....thanks :-) and if you leave an email address, i can reply to you :-)