17 August 2008

book meme

chrisB @ mscellania tagged me for this a while back. i saved it and so you get it on one of my away days :)

So this is the task:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.


so my book is diana gabaldon's breath of snow and ashes. page 123, 5th sentence starts with these lines --

"I gave Ute McGillivray a glance, and saw her watching Mr Weymess and his inamorata with the contented expression of a puppet master whose puppets are dancing precisely to her tune.

Someone had left a pitcher of cider beside us. I refilled Jamie's mug, then my own. It was wonderful, a dark, cloudy, sweet and pungent and with the bite of a particularly subtle serpent to it."

and i will tag ladyT (for when she gets her blog re-organised), san (who can post on the reply to my post), vegiemama, robin @ robinsnestful & anyone else who hasn't done it and would like to participate! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten that I tagged you for that so thank you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ej, i'll post mine here as requested...book is "Honor Thyself" by Danielle Steel page 123 starting with the 5th sentance...
    "She hated to tell her, but someone would sooner or later, better it was her. "You were married, to a wonderful man. A really, really nice guy." "Don't tell me I got divorced again," Carole said, looking unhappy."

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! but please leave a name so i know who you are....thanks :-) and if you leave an email address, i can reply to you :-)