10 June 2008

got lettuce?

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN6A33595920080610?sp=true

that's a lot of tomatoes....i'm not very keen on tomatoes that are not homegrown, but this is pretty serious if it's in products that also contain tomatoes (like sauces i assume). i've got a container of grape tomatoes in my fridge, but they're thankfully not on the list.....
and a garden full of tomato plants!! ;-)

added ps -- found out that it's only fresh tomatoes, so those in sauces and anything that is COOKED is fine. so fresh salsa or the like...they've removed the add tomatoes option at our local buy.a.sandwich store. and there's a list of states where locally grown tomatoes are not affected.

3 comments:

  1. I like hoegrowns too... but Ihave very ungreen fingers sadly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear.

    i have been living under a ROCK for the last few days and hadn't heard about the tomato thing. (i really need to at least watch a bit of cnn....)

    AND I had spagetti and a salad with tomatoes for dinner.

    wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rather glad our tomatoes come from closer to home!

    I agree about the taste of home grown we only have room for 4 plants so I'm hoping for a small crop later in the summer!

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! but please leave a name so i know who you are....thanks :-) and if you leave an email address, i can reply to you :-)