05 February 2009

interesting thoughts....

i'm just wondering what would happen if i stopped cleaning up the house? stopped loading and running the dishwasher, stopped wiping down the table? stopped putting clothes in the drawers (and laundry, haha). if i just left everything when i came in the door. dropped my coat on the floor, left my muddy shoes on the floor.

someone told me i am too preoccupied with cleaning and doing laundry. maybe i am. but have you seen that show on bbc / bbc america? the one with the gals who come into the house with their marabou pink gloves and lots of tea tree oil....the houses are stacked high with dirty dishes and the tubs and beds just look nasty. they culture the toilet and find all sorts of disgusting germs....

i think my house would come to look like that, in a short period of time. maybe the boys would start remembering to help. maybe i wouldn't have to remind them. maybe they'd be much sicker than they have been.

or maybe it won't reallty be that bad. maybe i am just over-exaggerating.....or maybe not! ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Um, don't try it. They won't help out and it will get ugly. I don't know why, I only know that it is so. I was laid up for 3mos with a migraine with ds4 and when the housecleaner would come once a week, it was awful. I've had times where I get busy and can't keep up and it's always amazing to me how quickly it all piles up and no one but me seems to even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wonder that myself...

    I predict bomb site within 48 hours. But of course, as a SAHM I do "nothing all day"...

    yeah right...

    ReplyDelete

i LOVE comments! but please leave a name so i know who you are....thanks :-) and if you leave an email address, i can reply to you :-)